having recently watched *breakfast at tiffany’s* for the very first time, i have been longing to do things that i have never done before with some one – like stealing s.th. or getting some ridiculous cheap item engraved at tiffany’s or simply doing s.th. stupid or silly just for the fun of the moment
well, also recently i have started to do quite a few things, i had never done before – and it turns out to be a really good idea:
* i have started teaching english to kids and am enjoying myself immensely
* i have gotten engaged – not really, just pretend; but it feels very adventurous and perhaps i should try it for real some time
* i have made peace with my vacuum cleaner, despite my firm believe that hoovering was invented by the devil, i now do it once a week
* i have forgiven a friend, who has hurt me so much, i couldn’t even bear to think about it; but i am alright now and feeling very good about being generous and telling said friend that it’s alright
* i have tried to dance seductively with a broom as a prop and failed miserably – it still was pretty good fun, though!
* i directed a play for the first time; with my very best friend and now – right after opening night – i am still full of the thrill of success
* and lastly, best of all and really rather rebellious, i have put up stickers in a ton of illicit places around the city and occasionally been lifted up to do so by a rather new and agreeable – in all aspects – friend; a pretty uplifting experience! you should try it some day!
indeed, doing things for the first time, however small and unimportant they seem, makes me very happy to be alive and feeling oh so vibrant and joyful – life is good, always remember and you’ll be happy as well! and why not try doing s.th. new – the world is full of possibilities, just grab one and off you go
by the way, the story behind this: the little girl was adopted by a domestic european penguin family and the relatives are in town to take a look. mom penguin has just cooked breakfast, dad’s been fiddling with his records, the brother has come back from tennis lessons and the little one playing with a toy car (we’re not yet sure, if it’s a boy or girl, it’s hard to tell with penguin chicks) – and you see the two visitors (husband and wife, perhaps and aunt and uncle?) on the left, he’s holding an umbrella (which get’s me guessing, we’re in england) and she is sporting the stylish backback. perhaps they’re on a honeymoon. as you, of course, know, penguins mate for life. they’re a very romantic lot! and imagine the fun, when the girl (her name’s elizabeth) wakes up!
will and kate are getting married … so what? – is it really such a big deal? is it worth all the excitement, all the media hype, all the attention all over the world? if it was me, i’d certainly prefer a quiet wedding without all the fuss – by the way, it almost, nearly, very close would have been me, getting married to the british prince – an old family joke was the story of my grandma’s and my first trip to london and how we met the queen and the two old dears arranged for that particular event to take place – sadly, tea with lizzy was cancelled and i never even got to meet the prince, so no royal wedding for me, however big or small, public or private
and now, everyone is watching this wedding – there’s freaks, camping out at westminster to claim the first spot
there’s wedding-related food items, which i find simply revolting
there’s a whole webpage dedicated to
there’s instructions to knit your own royal wedding party
there’s a limited edition oyster card being distributed
and there’s the official royal wedding blog, with continual updates
i say – this is f*** craziness and i’ve had a lucky escape – neither would i want balding william to be my husband, nor all that attention, nor a dead mother-in-law, who is worshipped by lunatics, nor a pizza with my face on top – i’ll stay happy and single, wear my cheap rhinestone tiara whenever i like and be my own princess
what the f*** – seriously, you let the unicorns die out? – how could you? – as of an old legend, i am waiting for my prince on his white unicorn and now he’ll never show – that’s just mean and ugly and hateful – i don’t like you anymore
p.s. more of this: http://dearblankpleaseblank.com/index.php
generally i don’t mind being single, but actually quite enjoy myself – i can flirt with whom i want – i highly enjoy making men do exactly as i want – i love to just spend time with myself and not care about anyone or anything in the world
but sometimes, when the perfect couple visits and i see all the little intimacies, the kisses, embraces and whispers between them, i get incredibly melancholic and want that right away for myself – so tonight, on the eve of my nine-and-twentieth birthday, the perfect couple* just having left me to clear up the party mess, the empty bottles and crisps wrappers, blow out the candles and crawl into bed alone, i feel so very sad – i never thought, i’d become that girl, that sad, lonely, single girl – it’s all a bit bridget jones, really, but i cannot help it and i desperately feel in need of a man tonight – not even for the obvious reasons, but simply to snuggle up to and feel comforted by
* he, with whom i spend hours discussing our doctoral projects and occasionally behaving like silly kids, full of crazy ideas – and she, who is the best friend anyone could imagine and without whom life would not be the same
i met harry potter and albus dumbeldore on my ramble through the national railway museum yesterday – quite random, but actually pretty nice – they’re doing a wizarding show in the photo, but i ran into harry a couple of minutes earlier, did a double-take – he winked at me and went on – quite cool!